A prerequisite to Driver's Ed is a learner’s permit. You MUST have your learner’s permit in hand when you enter the Driver’s Education class (no exceptions). You may get your learner's permit when you reach 15 years and 6 months of age from the Virginia DMV.
The Handbook (reference for grades 9-11)
Tips for Sophomores
-Make sure you are enrolled in classes designed to Prepare You for College
- Use the Career Center to determine course selection for getting into college and /or getting a job
- Talk to your School Counselor about college and career planning
- Maintain and improve grades during your sophomore year
- Read about college opportunities and talk to college representatives when they visit
-There have been increasing concerns about how students' social media image could be affecting their college and employment prospects. Check out the considerations and tips here and here to be more social media savvy!
- Visit a the website VA Education Wizard- www.vawizard.org and take Career Assessments
- Look for opportunities to work or volunteer with people who are professionals in careers that interest you. Visit our Community Service Website to understand how to make your hours count.
- Look for enriching summer programs that you can participate in during the summer
-Look into Technical Center programs to apply for in your Junior or Senior Year at Hermitage Tech Center or Highland Springs Tech Center
- If you start to feel overwhelmed, talk to someone! Tell your parents, counselor, or teachers, don't wait until it is too late!
- Get involved!!!