Welcome Class of 2021!
Freshman Parent 101
Click here for the Freshman Parent 101 presentation!
The Handbook (reference for grades 9-11)
Tips for Freshmen
-Make sure you are enrolled in classes designed to prepare you for college
- Meet your School Counselor, they will likely be writing a college recommendation for you
- Make sure you are enrolled in classes designed to prepare you for college
- Talk about careers, professions, and/or studies that interest you
- Visit a the website VA Education Wizard- www.vawizard.org and take Career Assessments
- Join service organizations in high school and in your community that may expose you to new interests and possible careers
- Look for opportunities to work or volunteer with people who are professionals in careers that interest you. Visit our Community Service Website to understand how to make your hours count.
- Look for enriching summer programs that you can participate in during the summer
- Read your school's Newspaper and stay informed as to what is going on at Deep Run
- Talk with your parents or relatives about your options, ambitions, and aspirations
-There have been increasing concerns about how students' social media image could be affecting their college and employment prospects. Check out the considerations and tips here and here to be more social media savvy!
- If you start to feel overwhelmed, talk to someone! Tell your parents, counselor, or teachers, don't wait until it s too late!
- Get involved!
- Enjoy being a WILDCAT!!!