Please note that Senator Warner's office only appoints pages for the fall and spring sessions. Additionally, Senator Warner's page sponsorship alternates by gender. With only 30 Pages per session, Page positions are highly competitive and unfortunately not all students who seek a position can be accommodated.
The minimum requirements mandated by the Senate Page Program are:
- Senate Pages must be sponsored by a Senator.
- Pages must be citizens of the United States or subject to agreements of the Department of State, and must have a Social Security number.
- Page eligibility is limited to juniors in high school who will be 16 or 17 on or before the date of appointment.
- Pages must verify a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a home school transcript and a certification of immunization to qualify for attendance at the school.
- A general health assessment completed by a licensed physician is required, in addition to certification of immunization. Pages play an important role in the day-to-day operation of the Senate. Their schedule can be long and tedious, and requires tremendous endurance; good health and stamina are requirements which cannot be waived.
- Pages are also required to be covered by health insurance; if not covered, they will be required to enroll in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program.