Currently the Honors Program is accepting applications from high school seniors—the deadline to apply for Fall 17 is June 30th! The Honors program is designed for students who are in the 2-year transfer degree programs, the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees. To be eligible, student need to have a 3.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and submit 2 letters of recommendation and an application essay.
Benefits for students in the Honors program include:
- Access to additional scholarship funds
- Priority registration
- Agreements with 4 year schools allowing transfer from Reynolds to Honors programs/colleges at 4-year institutions (**Currently, Reynolds Honors students who complete the Honors program and graduate from Reynolds will be offered guaranteed admission into the VCU Honors College, once they are admitted to VCU**) More agreements to come with other Virginia 4-year schools!
- Smaller, seminar-style classes with dynamic peers & faculty
- Competitive edge for transfer—Honors classes identified on transcripts
- Exclusive invitations to Honors workshops, cultural & social events